Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pure frusteration!

For those of you who know or care. I made a decision today...

I am not going to be able to run the marathon I have been training for on April 19th. I am soooo bummed about it. It is still a month a way but I have a nagging hip injury that is really making this critical training stage impossible. I was suppose to run 20 miles last Saturday but only made it 11 because of the painful throbbing from my hip. I have ran 2 long runs of 16 miles without a problem but I do not think I can run 26.2 in a month when I can barely walk around sometimes. I have and IT band injury. I still plan on running the 1/2 marathon on the 19th but I will have to give my muscle sometime to recover & repair before I attempt the full...how sad! I have always wanted to run a marathon & really enjoy running so I know it won't be long before I can check that off of one of my life goals. Thanks for reading my babbling thoughts & pity party for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to call you today and check on you. I've been worried about you and your hip. I am sorry to hear that you can;t make the full marathon ,but I am glad that you are going to play it safe. Let me know which marathon you decide on and maybe I can run that one with you. Seriously, I feel so bad for you!

As for the calling I told you Nate needed one, not me. Grrrr! Actually, I am glad we can be doing a couples calling. It is a lot of work though. Blah!

Andrea Griggs said...

I am so sorry! Get yourself better.

Sabrina said...

I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. I think it's amazing that anyone can run more than 5 miles.

I know it's got to be sad because you've been training so hard. My sister-in-laws are running fanatics and there are always tons of other marathons throughout Utah so maybe you could do one later this year. I hope you get feeling better and we missed you on Monday. It was fun and a little different with all the babies.

Tamra said...

Oh how frustrating! To work so hard toward a goal and have something out of your control take it away! You are determined and strong willed, so you'll do it when you've recovered! I've decided the celestial kingdom will be filled with lots of runners because they really have that "endure to the end" thing down. I am so, sorry! Get well.

Anonymous said...

Manda, you are my hero...seriously anyone who feels bad about only making it 11 miles with a hip injury is crazy. I haven't ever run 11 miles in my life! Hope you feel better soon! XOXO Dixie