Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bitter-Sweet

Well, I am sure everyone has heard the news about President Hinckley. When I heard about his passing I just thought about the reunion between he and his sweet wife who passed a few years ago. What an amazing man he was, and I am sure he will keep up with his work on the other side. Just in case any of my Swedish friends are reading this, President Hinckley was the Prophet and President of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (mormons). I know some of my Swedish scrapbooking, and other scrapbooking friends have asked some questions about my beliefs but just in case you want to learn more here is the link to the website that can answer a lot of questions, www.lds.org. (of course you can always ask me too!)

President Hinckley was a great example, my favorite thing about him was his sense of humor. He was very genuine and hard working, and such a spiritual giant. I will miss him, but I know his successor will be amazing as well. My #1 (Bean) cried for a while, and I have to say I say I shed a few tears as well. 

On another note (a week in review)...
This week has been pretty uneventful, other than D & I went to the Brad Paisley concert on Thursday.  I gave D the tickets for Christmas, I guess that means I gave myself a gift too! The concert was amazing and loads of fun, I had no idea Brad Paisley was such a good musician. We went to dinner at the Blue Iguana uptown (yummy-highly recommended). 

I am still keeping up with my little training regimen for the marathon on April 19th. It was kind of a rest week for me (as far as running training goes), so I only  ran a total of 15 miles. Next week however a different story...my Saturday run in going to be 15-16 miles (yikes). I also had 3 photo shoots that I will post on my photography blog as soon as I can.

#2 (Bug) is off track and driving me crazy asking "who can I play with?" every second. He certainly has been enjoying the Wii Santa brought but I can not believe how competitive he is. He told me "you don't have any skills Mom!" Needless to say he is right but who likes to be told that over and over again? I karate chopped him and he did not like that very much. #1 (Bean) has been practicing piano and is almost done reading Little Women, she also started Melody practice again. #3 (peanut/groceries) well she actually expanded her vocabulary a bit. She says "upple" when she wants you to pick her up. I think it is a form of "up please," and of course she spent plenty of time grazing on whatever she could find that was edible and/or sweet. I also weaned her from a bottle this week...I do not know why I waited so long. D (my man) worked lots and started studying to take the Securities exam. FYI-he is a civil engineer but works part-time doing financial planning (insurance, mortgages, retirement, etc.)

Enough about us...we are happy and healthy so far! Best Wishes to anyone who reads about our day to day stuff.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL I ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG. GUESS WHAT? IT MAKES ME SMILE AND OF COURSE I HAD TO SHED A FEW TEARS CAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DO. IT GREAT TO BE ABLE TO SEE OUR SWEET FAMILY AND YOUR GREAT WORK TOO! IN CASE YOU CAN'T TELL I'M A FAN !!!

XOXO MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! Do I have a solution to your Bug problem that will mutually benefit two mothers of two off-track kids who need constant stimulation and playmates. Please please please call ANY time to get Logan and Hayden together to play. I spend my days getting asked that same question but I think she asks it every 3 minutes.

Ashley said...

Hi Amanda,
You are so sweet! Um I'd like to get our pictures taken before Cohen has his surgery. It's scheduled for February 20th. Could you do the weekend before? Or even the week before after 4:45pm? Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!
Ashley